Thursday 28 December 2017

Thank you!

I have just been the recipient of a beautifully written post as a thank you for a slate commission painted as a Christmas gift.

I was touched - so with permission - I have added it below - Thank you Jayne x



Kate Sutcliffe, Artist

I have been spoilt rotten and am not sure I deserve it. 

A couple of weeks ago a package arrived, and the return address on the back informed me it had
come from Susan in Australia.  Naughty girl - she knows we don't do presents any more, but Susan 
has such a kind heart that I wasn't really surprised.  I did notice that it had been posted in the UK, 
and didn't have "England" as part of the address but as half her family are in this country I reckoned 
she had lots of stuff shipped in one consignment and then redirected.

Thought I was so bloomin' clever working that out, but never in a million years did it occur to me that 
this package was the product of some incredible foresight and forward planning not just from Susan, 
but also from the lovely Kate.   I met Kate online a couple of years ago when she blogged 
gently but beautifully as Hawthorn Spellweaver but now everyone can see what an incredible artist she is.  

There were a couple of tears when I unwrapped this.  Cannot express how absolutely blown away I am.


Bearing in mind Kate hasn't met Daisy but was working from photographs it is stunning how she 
has captured her personality, particularly the eyes which are so very, very difficult.


What I can now admit is that something on my "List" for 2018 was to have a bimble down 
to Lancashire to meet with Kate and commission a painting of Daisy as a present for Management ...



From the cutting room floor:


8 comments:

  1. Oh Jayne, thank you for such kind words X painting Daisy was both a pleasure and tricky - I have always loved her ears but she also had to be perfect for you ! Xx so glad you are happy with her😀xxx
    1. Kate, you are very welcome - on many, many levels. I wish my head was not quite so full of 'bluuurrghhh' and I could write something better for you :)

      Slate Daisy is absolutely fabulous and already a much treasured item. Thank you, xx

  2. What a wonderful surprise present, Kate has captured Daisy beautifully. I presume Daisy herself approves? :)
    1. Thanks Eunice. At the end of the day, however much of a dalring she is, Daisy is still a dog, and that means she can be a selfish little sod interested primarily in her own needs, which, as you can see, did not include being photographed!
  3. Just got your email & thanks for loving it. Wish we could have been there in person & I'll email a little later. It is very, very hot here again & I've had a touch of sun from being out & about with our visitors, who are away for the next week & back with us again next Tuesday, before flying out on 6th. Even the English cricketers are feeling it at the MCG for the 4th Ashes test. I may do a post tomorrow after I load photos from camera, as I didn't finish the Advent challenge. Thanks again for the lovely post & huggles from down under.
    1. Hi Susan, we will have a proper catch up when we're both feeling better. Glad you got my email and I do hope I was able to express in clumsy words just how much your gift means to me. Thank you so much.

      huggles, xx

  4. Oh Jayne, what a wonderful surprise and beautiful painting of Daisy. I have to say that a couple of years ago my daughter also surprised me with an oil painting of Annie. I can tell you quite honestly that you will look at and enjoy your painting every single day. Kate has captured Daisy and those ears that everyone loves so very well, such a talented lady.
    1. Thanks Eileen, as you were recently the recipient of a wonderful painting of Annie I know you will truly appreciate my gift!

      Kate is truly talented, but until I held Slate Daisy in my hands I did not appreciate just how skilled she is.

2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful piece of work and such a thoughtful present; lovely to read the story of how it was commissioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. {{chuckling}}

    Glad this didn't embarrass you - I thought I might be a bit too effusive!! BTW, we still love Slate Daisy which has a permanent home on that bare bit of wall to the left of the wood burner.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, so glad you dropped in, I would love to hear from you. I read all comments before I publish and if I think a comment would offend anyone, it won't be published.